Date: Monday 3rd December 2012
Due to illness the meeting was moved from Tuesday 27th Nov 2012
Time: 14:00-15:00 CET, 13:00-14:00 GMT
Online meeting: Google+ Hangout
Present: Jakob, Sara, Rick, Matthijs, Sion. Yuri can't make it in time. Nick enters somewhat later.
Project action points
Plan resourcing on 2.0 and how we tackle the regression testing backlog.
Mailed around proposal for renaming current regression tests and using formatted comments in the scripts to track what is tested. Nobody has had a chance to look at it yet, request is to look at it in the course of next week.
|Sara/Jerry||Work on initial draft for benchmarking setups based on feedback from developer workshop and board.|
|Sara||Take a pass through JIRA to tidy up duplicates/unassigned issues. Send changes for review if required. Split the future release into a backlog and an icebox. Make sure all features have subtasks to track developer testing and documentation.|
No progress, but talked to Sion and Matthijs. Not all 1.4 code is covered by JIRA issues, and the proposal is to develop a process that stipulates when to create JIRA issues, put issue numbers into SVN commits, and so on. The general opinion is that this would be useful, and Sara will make a writeup for it.
|Jerry||Look at opening up the OpenDNSSEC project up to all users if we can restrict the privileges for 'external' users correctly. Then we could stop using the SUPPORT project. Need a test environment to work on this.|
|Sara||Follow up with SURFNet on hosting of Sun servers. Roland is investigating|
Sara tries to ship Sun hardware to SURFnet, where Roland has offered rackspace for them.
|Matthijs||Work on DNS Adapter tests. (OPENDNSSEC-172). Work on IXFR stress tests using Sion's scripts.|
The most vital requirements are now covered. Matthijs has completed all the jenkins tests that he wants to (and can) implement at this time. However there is some manual testing remaining to address some unexpected behaviour that has been observed and so we are not ready for a release candidate. Matthijs has been testing together with Sion on stress testing the IXFR adaptors, and after an iteration there do not seem to be open issues with the DNS Adapters. There is only a bit of work left, Matthijs cannot promise if it is days or weeks.
|Sion||Check sightings of duplicate RR sigs - test fix from Matthijs.|
No update. Matthijs has reproduced this problem and believes he hasfixed the issue - just need confirmation from Sion.
|Matthijs||OPENDNSSEC-346: BIND interop test|
The test is written and submitted to svn so we now need to have BIND installed on at least one test machine. We agree this needs to wait till Jerry is back next week. We also agree that starting with the CentOS machine seems like the right thing.
|Nick||Investigate validns and how we could use it (OPENDNSSEC-143)|
No updates. Nick is getting to grabs with the software, and has nothing conclusive to report.
|Yuri||Use existing test script as the basis of new jenkins regression tests for Enforcer-NG specific functionality.|
No update. Yuri did not make it in time for today's meeting; he has worked on the RequireBackup facility, which is not done yet.
|Yuri||Review Ricks email of 1.4 vs 2.0 differences|
Call with CIRA held last week.
CIRA are using 1.4 and plan to go to production with it. We are doing what we can to guide them in that.
ACTION: Continue this next week.
|Sara||Compose an email to propose this (and ask feedback) from developers and architecture board; possibly raise it on the user's list as well. Also consider the versioning convention currently used.|
Email sent to developers list on 26 Nov. Awaiting more feedback.