Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: Monday 3rd December 2012

Due to illness the meeting was moved from Tuesday 27th Nov 2012

Time: 14:00-15:00 CET, 13:00-14:00 GMT

Online meeting: Google+ Hangout

Present: Jakob, Sara, Rick, Matthijs, Sion.  Yuri can't make it in time.  Nick enters somewhat later.

Jabber: xmpp:opendnssec@conference.kirei.se


  1. Who will write minutes?
     Rick
  2. Agree on the agenda
    OK
  3. Project action points 

    WhoWhatStatusWhen
    Sara

    Plan resourcing on 2.0 and how we tackle the regression testing backlog.

    Mailed around proposal for renaming current regression tests and using formatted comments in the scripts to track what is tested.  Nobody has had a chance to look at it yet, request is to look at it in the course of next week.

    IN PROGRESS...
    Sara/JerryWork on initial draft for benchmarking setups based on feedback from developer workshop and board.
    No updates.
    OPEN...
    SaraTake a pass through JIRA to tidy up duplicates/unassigned issues. Send changes for review if required. Split the future release into a backlog and an icebox. Make sure all features have subtasks to track developer testing and documentation.
    No progress, but talked to Sion and Matthijs.  Not all 1.4 code is covered by JIRA issues, and the proposal is to develop a process that stipulates when to create JIRA issues, put issue numbers into SVN commits, and so on.  The general opinion is that this would be useful, and Sara will make a writeup for it.
    OPEN...
    JerryLook at opening up the OpenDNSSEC project up to all users if we can restrict the privileges for 'external' users correctly. Then we could stop using the SUPPORT project. Need a test environment to work on this.
    No updates.
    OPEN...
    SaraFollow up with SURFNet on hosting of Sun servers. Roland is investigating
    Sara tries to ship Sun hardware to SURFnet, where Roland has offered rackspace for them.
    IN PROGRESS...
  4. OpenDNSSEC 

    • Unassigned issues
      • All unassigned open issues
      • 356: Have a README file on it
      • 355: Can be closed
      • 352: Prefix the command prompt before reading the description (wink) – What Matthijs is proposing is to embed the tests that they run at NLnet Labs, and make them available in the Makefile as a "make test" option.  This is generally welcomed.
    • Support issues
    • OpenDNSSEC 1.3.12 
      • Nominate any issues for 1.3.12?
      • All issues for 1.3.12
      • Should we release?
      • The signer gets stuck, principal reporter is Rick and most other people don't suffer it as often as he does.  A patch that may resolve it is available in the SVN head, but in light of the release candidate phase for 1.3.12 we do not feel like altering the code for that version; we decide to releease 1.3.12 with a note added to the known issues, and probably release a 1.3.13 really soon after, if it transpires that the patch in SVN head does indeed solve the issue – judging that is work in progress, on which Matthijs and Rick work together.

    • OpenDNSSEC 1.4.0 


      • Actions
         

        WhoWhatStatusWhen
        MatthijsWork on DNS Adapter tests. (OPENDNSSEC-172). Work on IXFR stress tests using Sion's scripts.
        The most vital requirements are now covered. Matthijs has completed all the jenkins tests that he wants to (and can) implement at this time. However there is some manual testing remaining to address some unexpected behaviour that has been observed and so we are not ready for a release candidate. Matthijs has been testing together with Sion on stress testing the IXFR adaptors, and after an iteration there do not seem to be open issues with the DNS Adapters.  There is only a bit of work left, Matthijs cannot promise if it is days or weeks.
        IN PROGRESS1.4.0rc1
        SionCheck sightings of duplicate RR sigs - test fix from Matthijs.
        No update. Matthijs has reproduced this problem and believes he hasfixed the issue - just need confirmation from Sion.
        IN PROGRESS 
        MatthijsOPENDNSSEC-346: BIND interop test
        The test is written and submitted to svn so we now need to have BIND installed on at least one test machine. We agree this needs to wait till Jerry is back next week. We also agree that starting with the CentOS machine seems like the right thing.
        OPEN

         

        NickInvestigate validns and how we could use it (OPENDNSSEC-143)
        No updates.  Nick is getting to grabs with the software, and has nothing conclusive to report.
        OPEN 
      • Updates?
      • All issues for 1.4.0
        • No major issues are left.
      • Planned Release date: 
        • 1.4.0rc1   ?
        • 1.4.0        ?
        • We are not quite ready for a release yet.  We decide to bring out a 2 version after Sion finishines his testing of a patch against memory leaks.  There will be no 1.4.0-RC1 before Christmas.  We will explain to the users why we do anohter  – namely, because we found issues worth fixing first.


    • OpenDNSSEC 2.0.0b1 


      • Actions
         

        WhoWhatStatusWhen
        Yuri Use existing test script as the basis of new jenkins regression tests for Enforcer-NG specific functionality.
        No update. Yuri did not make it in time for today's meeting; he has worked on the RequireBackup facility, which is not done yet.
        OPEN 
        Yuri Review Ricks email of 1.4 vs 2.0 differences
        No update.
        OPEN 
      • Updates?
      • Open issues for 2.0.0b1   
      • Regression & System testing coverage
      • Planned Release date:
         
    • Testing
      • Actions

        WhoWhatStatusWhen
        SaraWrite a page to capture the workflow of how to use Jenkins.

        How To Add Tests to Jenkins (check list for adding new tests) Testing - details build schedule (e.g. smoke/daily/weekly).
        This action is done.
        DONE...


         

    • General updates

      • Release process: should we start doing release candidate for all releases from now?
        • We decide that even for patch releases, an RC is a good idea, to give package builders something to work on.
      • What versions of ldns should we test against in jenkins (OPENDNSSEC-351)
        • No updates
      • Can we be more open to user input (such as Casper Gielen's lessons from recovery)
        • ACTION Sara: Investigate a good way of opening up the Wiki to users for sharing what they have learnt; however, do it in such a way that we stay in full control over the primary documentation.
      • Call with CIRA held last week.


        • CIRA are using 1.4 and plan to go to production with it.  We are doing what we can to guide them in that.

        • ACTION: Continue this next week.

          Actions

          WhoWhatStatusWhen
          SaraCompose an email to propose this (and ask feedback) from developers and architecture board; possibly raise it on the user's list as well. Also consider the versioning convention currently used.
          Email sent to developers list on 26 Nov. Awaiting more feedback.
          IN PROGRESS...

           


           
  5. SoftHSM 

    Actions

    WhoWhatStatusWhen
    • Updates?
    • Releases:
      • SoftHSM 1.3.5 
      • SoftHSM 2.0.0 

  6. Next meeting 
    Propose Tuesday 18th December, 14:00 CET
    OK
     
  7. AOB
    • Please fill in Christmas leave on the availability page
    • Rick raises a recent experience, where he wiped the entire /var/opendnssec/tmp to get the signer back on its feet.  This meant that the SOA counters were getting out of sync, and he wonders if there is a way to keep at least that bit of information.  Matthijs explains that a facility to that end exists, namely "ods-signer clear" which will ensure that all signatures are regenerated upon the next signer run, which may then be enforced with ods-signer sign.  Rick sees a mutliple-stage bug-fixing approach and offers ACTION Rick: Document how to get a disrupted signer back at work, as a multi-stage rocket.

  • No labels