The details of the test environment and framework are described under Testing
- We test using a Jenkins test master server with around 12 virtual slave machines providing a range of platforms (the buildfarm).
- There are separate jenkins jobs for each active development branch (1.3, trunk and enforcer-ng)
- Within each branch the jobs are also split depending on which database backend is used (SQLite or MySQL)
- WIthin each branch/DB the jobs are further split two kinds
- Build jobs that check out the code and build the software (LDNS, SoftHSM, OpenDNSSEC)
- Test jobs that run test scripts from one of the test directories:
- We have smoke tests that run on every code change, daily tests that run overnight and will shortly add a weekly test suite.