Welcome to the Developers Wiki site for the OpenDNSSEC Project!!
This is the developers wiki, more info about the OpenDNSSEC Project can be found on http://www.opendnssec.org
OpenDNSSEC was created as an open-source turn-key solution for DNSSEC. It secures zone data just before it is published in an authoritative name server.
There are 3 major deliverables from the OpenDNSSEC project:
- OpenDNSSEC software package: The OpenDNSSEC implementation, expected to run on top of a PKCS #11 implementation, like an HSM.
- SoftHSM : A software-only implementation of an HSM, made available through the industry standard PKCS #11 interface. This software is compatible with the DNSSEC Signer.
- HSM market selection: A comparison between a number of HSM devices. This is intended to give a rough idea about the kinds of devices available on the market, in terms of speed, price, configuration.
The OpenDNSSEC Project is overseen by the OpenDNSSEC Architecture Board (known as the OAB) and is developed with the co-operation of several particpants.
The release plan is also available on them main OpenDNSSEC website.
Source Code & Packages
- The source is available for download from the Download page on the OpenDNSSEC.org web site. This page aslo has instructions on how to access the latest code via the Subversion repository.
- The source repository is also currently available to browse on the OpenDNSSEC TRAC site.
- We thank a number of package builders that are motivated to build and maintain packages for our source code releases for some operating systems.
Project Management & Processes
- The project plan and process documenation for OpenDNSSEC is available here.
- Meeting agendas and reports are available here.
Design & Architecture
The latest OpenDNSSEC Documentation describes how to install, configure and run OpenDNSSEC.